Sunset Magazine recently published their list of the 5 best places to visit in Mexico, titled “5 (Safe) Mexican Escapes.” Their list is as follows:
1. Puerto Vallarta/Sayulita: Popular beach city, and a little north, another beautiful beach city popular with surfers and expats.
2. Mexico City: Mexico’s capital, and a world-class, metropolitan city.
3. Oaxaca: A colonial jewel full of museums and galleries, and close to archaeological sites.
4. Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo: Resort town with wide beaches, high rises, and golf galore.
5. San Miguel de Allende: A quaint but metropolitan town rich with culture, and popular with artists and expats.
Sunset also gave some good tips for staying safe wherever you travel in Mexico, including limiting driving to during the day and on highways, and renting a low-key model car. Read the full article here.